April 29, 2008

April 29, 2008
Welcome back to another couple days of my life.

I'm still recovering from the bad cold I've had for around three weeks now but feeling better. I just don't have a ton of energy and staying tired and weak. The tendons in my right arm are still very damaged so I'm not able to do any upper body workouts which has really gotten me down. But better to let any injury recover than to cause more damage resulting in even more recovery time.

Yesterday was my quarterly doctor appointment with Dr. Catella who is my Infectious Disease (HIV/AIDS) doctor. He's been with our local AHF clinic since I discovered it in 2001. Their location is very convenient for me since it's only about eight blocks from the house. I can also get my lab work done there which is great. It was a great morning so I decided to walk over which I later regretted. They were late opening back up from lunch so several patients sat around and talked. When they finally reopened at 1:15, we all filed and signed in at the desk. After a long weight of almost an hour, I was taken back to the exam room and finally saw Dr. Catella. We covered my lab results (T-cells 310 and undetectable viral load) which is almost the same as my last several results. Not great but not bad as far as I'm concerned. I would love to have 800 T-cells and a healthy immune system but I've never been able to get mine back above 400. But at least they are not below 200 which is the bad danger zone. I also found out the office manager, Lisa, had quit her job without a notice. I met the new nurse who was just starting and she seemed very nice. So I'll be following up in two months with blood work and a chest x-ray so we can do my yearly physical next time.

I had been at the doctor office so long that the storm front had moved in while I was there and started raining. So I stood outside and called Gary on my cell while waiting for a break in the rain. I made a mad dash during the break and made it almost 4 blocks before the rain resumed so I took shelter on a porch of an empty house while waiting for the next break. I peaked through the windows and saw what appeared a great small home with the only bad part being it's directly on Park Street with all the traffic noise. I was able to make it the rest of the way home during the next break in the storm without getting too wet. Then I let the dogs outside to relieve themselves before the storm could start up again.

The rest of the day I spent working on this website and taking care of correspondence. It's amazing how much email I get with the average being over 80 pieces a day. But that total includes the emails from Divided We Fail also so they're not all from this project.

Today was pretty much a down day for me. I woke up with a horrible headache about 8am this morning. Took some meds for it but nothing seemed to help.I found out my friend Dale was back in the hospital. He had fallen at home and hurt himself so they called an ambulance and took him back to the hospital. He had only been home four days since he last hospital stay. Turns out his oxygen level was down to 90 when it's never suppose to be below 98. They think that's what called his fall after making him dizzy. So Patrick called and offered to take me to the store and run errands since he needed to go to St. Vincents and visit Dale. He also ran me by the dry cleaners so I could drop off my comforter which was overdue for cleaning. It's made of suede requiring dry cleaning and I don't think it's been since New Years. Spoke with my friend who works there. She's recently remarried to a great guy who really treats her great so I'm very happy for her.

After Patrick took me home, it started raining for the first time today. So since it was turning into another nasty day outside I decided to take advantage of the weather and get some more sleep. I ended up not awakening until Gary was home from work around 6:30pm. He was a sweetie and made cheese tortellini with marina sauce, mixed field green salad with Italian dressing and garlic bread for dinner. It was delicious but I could only eat a small amount since my head is all stopped up. Not being able to breath will trigger a panic attack in me in a heart beat. Later Gary made some strawberry shortcake with fresh strawberries and whipped cream which was fantastic. Just the treat I needed before heading off to bed tonight. I know a minute on the hips a life time on the hips but I'm finally at the age I can not care so much about having the "perfect" body.

So I hope you've had a great week so far. Make sure to think of yourself and take some private time during the rest of the week. Wishing you health, hope and happiness.

Big Bear Hug,

Daddy Dab