You can help your partner stay strong and independent.
Keep HIV in check.
Help your partner follow his or her treatment plan. It may include:
* taking medications - the right one at the right time
* noting any side effects of the medications
* keeping all appointments
* having any needed shots or tests
A healthy lifestyle is a boost.
Together you and your partner can:
* prepare healthy meals and snacks
* stay physically active together
* find ways to relax and enjoy life.
(Check with your health care provider before starting an exercise program.)
Avoid alcohol, tobacco and other drugs.
They can weaken your partner's health and your own. Don't share needles for any reason. If you or your partner shoots drugs, get help to stop.