If It Feels Good, Do It!
Thanks for stopping by to check out another day in my life.
I hope you are having a great week so far.
I know the news between the economy, ADAP waiting lists in the United States and the cost of living have all of us down in the dumps. (And I am afraid I will have more bad news in the next couple of weeks for people with HIV and AIDS in the United States.)
I also had my latest visit with Dr. Catella and it was obvious by my labs that I have been pushing myself too hard and need to take a couple of weeks off to rest. Rest? What is that? LOL. It was great seeing Dr. Catella since we always have great conversations. The staff there are excellent and always a joy to be around. I did meet a new staff member today and she shared with me why she went into infectious disease which was a special treat.
So today I wanted to keep the entry upbeat and fun.
So I was thinking about some things that make me feel good. As I learned while participating in a clinical trial study on HIV and the effects of laughter on the immune system, when I feel good I do better.
So here is my list. After reading mine, make one of your own and try to do each of them at least once in the next year.
What Makes Daddy Dab Feel Good
1. Falling in love.
2. Laughing so hard your face hurts.
3. A hot shower.
4. No lines at the supermarket.
5. A special glance.
6. Getting mail.
7. Taking a drive on a scenic road.
8. Hearing your favorite song on the radio.
9. Lying in bed listening to the rain outside.
10. Hot towels fresh out of the dryer.
11. Chocolate milkshake.
12. A bubble bath.
14. The beach.
15. Finding a 20 dollar bill in your coat from last winter..
16. Laughing at yourself.
17. Looking into their eyes and knowing they Love you
18. Midnight phone calls that last for hours.
19. Running through sprinklers.
20. Laughing for absolutely no reason at all.
21. Having someone tell you that you're handsome.
22. Laughing at an inside joke with FRIENDS
23. Accidentally overhearing someone say something nice about you.
24. Waking up and realizing you still have a few hours left to sleep.
25. Your first kiss (either the very first or with a new partner).
26. Making new friends or spending time with old ones.
27. Playing with a new puppy or existing pet.
28. Pleasant dreams.
29. Hot chocolate.
30. Road trips with friends.
31. Making eye contact with a cute stranger.
32. Making and eating chocolate chip cookies.
33. Having your friends send you homemade cookies.
34. Holding hands with someone you care about.
35. Running into an old friend and realizing that some things (good or bad) never change.
36. Watching the expression on someone's face as they open a much desired present from you.
37. Watching the sunrise and/or sunset.
38. Getting out of bed every morning and being grateful for another beautiful day.
39. Knowing that somebody misses you.
40. Getting a hug from someone you care about deeply.
41. Knowing you've done the right thing, no matter what other people think.
42. Spending the day practicing my photography.
Now go out and make your own list and keep that pledge to yourself this next year.
Wishing you health, hope and happiness.
Big bear hug,