It Is Okay to Quit
Welcome to another day in my life. Today is Tuesday and I hope you are having a safe and great week so far.
It is a very busy day for Dab the AIDS Bear and me. Besides our usual meetings, tonight we will be at Equality Night benefiting Broward House and Tuesday's Angels. So come out and show your support and get your picture taken with Dab the AIDS Bear.
I also take about what you should do or should think about doing. Today I would like to talk about when it is okay to quit. Quit you say? Since when does Dab say quit? Read the following to understand what I mean.
1. Quit arguing with people about the same old foolishness! Respect their position and keep it moving!
2. Quit telling people your secrets when you know they are not going to keep them! And if you keep telling them, then quit getting mad when they tell your secrets!
3. QUIT TRYING TO PULL PEOPLE ON YOUR JOURNEY WHO DO NOT WANT TO TRAVEL WITH YOU. EITHER THEY BELIEVE IN YOU AND VALUE YOU OR THEY DO NOT!
4. Quit complaining about things you can not and will not change!
5. Quit gossiping about other people! Minding our own business should be a full time job!
6. Quit blaming each other for things that in the big picture are not going to matter three weeks from now! Talk solutions and then implement them!
7. Quit eating things you know are not good for you! If you can not quit eat smaller portions.
8. Quit buying things when we know we can not afford them! If you do not have self control, then quit going to the stores! Quit charging things, especially when you do not NEED them!
9. Quit staying in unhealthy relationships! It is not okay for people to verbally or physically abuse you! So quit lying to yourself! It is not okay to stay in the marriage for the children! Ask them and they will tell you that they really would prefer to see you happy and that the misery you and your spouse/partner are living with is affecting them!
10. Quit letting family members rope you into the drama! Start telling them you do not want to hear it! Quit spreading the drama! Quit calling other relatives and telling them about your cousin,uncle,or aunt! Go back to #5 minding your own business should be enough to keep you busy!
11. Quit trying to change people! IT DOES NOT WORK! Quit cussing people out when you know that they are just being the miserable and jealous people that they are!
12. Quit the job you hate! Start pursuing your passion. Find the job that fuels your passion BEFORE you quit!
13. Quit volunteering for things that you are not getting any personal fulfillment from anymore! Quit volunteering for things and then failing to follow through with your commitment!
14. Quit listening to the naysayers! Quit watching the depressing news if you are going to live in the doom and gloom of it all!
15. Quit making excuses about why you are where you are or why you can not do what you want to do!
16. Quit waiting on others to give you the answers and start finding the answers for yourself! If what you are doing is not working for you then quit it!
17. Quit settling and start making your dreams a reality!- Quit being afraid and START LIVING YOUR LIFE! CREATE THE LIFE YOU WANT! If you want something different than what you have had in the past, you must quit doing what you have done before and DO something different! JUST QUIT IT and START DOING something to create the experience you want!
"Life is short, but there is always time enough for courtesy and kindness."
Only by pursuing our passions and dreams in life do we truly begin living. Remember life is not a dress rehearsal.
Until we meet again; here's wishing you health, hope, happiness and just enough.
big bear hug,