Assistance in paying for approved harmaceuticals/medications for persons with no other payment source is provided through the Stste of Florida, Department of Health, AIDS Drug Assistance Program (ADAP). ADAP is intended to help HIV positive people stay healthy by assisting with the purchase of HIV prescription medications. ADAP provides HIV drug treatments for people who do not have private health insurance, do not qualify for Medicaid, or are awaiting Medicaid eligibility and cannot afford to purchase the medications themselves. The program pays for medication from its pharmacy formulary.
Duval County Health Department
Boulevard Comprehensive Care Center)
1833 Boulevard, 5th Floor
Jacksonville, FL 32206
Phone: (904) 798-4810
As funds allow, ADAP is open to Florida residents who met the following criteria:
* A patient should be ineligible for Medicaid or any other program that reimburses for medications
* A patient must have a documented HIV infection or AIDS to be medically eligible for the program
* A patient must have a current prescription (less than 6 months old) for medication used in the treatment of HIV related diseases
* Annual gross income at or below 350 percent of the current Federal Poverty Level (FPL)
* Residency documentation such as a lease, rent receipts, notarized statement, etc.
* FACE sheet (supplied to client by BCC Financial Accessor)
* Recent (120 days) laboratory results for CD-4 and viral load.
* Income verification
* Picture ID
* Proof of positivity
AHF (Aids Healthcare Foundation) or Positive Healthcare Pharmacy 2160 Park St. Jacksonville, Florida 32204 Phone: (904) 389-9744