Welcome to another day in my life. Today is Sunday and I hope you are having a safe and great weekend so far. It has been a great one for Dab the AIDS Bear and me.
This time of year, we get all types of handbooks. They are sent by Medicare, corporations, insurance companies and the list goes on. So we decided to come up with our own handbook for you.
1. Drink plenty of water.
2. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar.
3. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
4. Live with the 3 E's -- Energy, Enthusiasm and Empathy
5. Make time to pray.
6. Play more games
7. Read more books than you did in 2010.
8. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day
9. Sleep for 7 hours.
10. Take a 10-30 minutes walk daily. And while you walk, smile.
11. Do not compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
12. Do not have negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
13. Do not over do. Keep your limits.
14. Do not take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
15. Do not waste your precious energy on gossip.
16. Dream more while you are awake
17. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
18. Forget issues of the past. Do not remind your partner with His/her mistakes of the past. That will ruin your present happiness.
19. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Do not hate others.
20. Make peace with your past so it will not spoil the present.
21. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
22. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
23. Smile and laugh more.
24. You do not have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
25. Call your family often.
26. Each day give something good to others.
27. Forgive everyone for everything.
28. Spend time w/ people over the age of 70 & under the age of 6.
29. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
30. What other people think of you is none of your business.
31. Your job will not take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
32. Do the right thing!
33. Get rid of anything that is not useful, beautiful or joyful.
34. GOD heals everything.
35. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
36. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
37. The best is yet to come.
38. When you awake alive in the morning, thank GOD for it.
39. Your Inner most is always happy. So, be happy.
Last but not the least:
40. Please Forward this to everyone you care about, I just did.
Until we meet again; here's wishing you health, hope, happiness and just enough.
big bear hug,