June 21, 2010

June 21, 2010
Ft. Lauderdale Pride

Welcome to another day in my life. Today is Monday and I hope your week is off to a safe and great start. I know this past weekend was a busy one for Dab the AIDS Bear and I. It probably was for you also.

Yesterday was the big day for our Fort Lauderdale Pride events. Early in the morning, they started setting up all the booths on Wilton Manors Drive. Dab the AIDS Bear and I ended up getting up there around 10am and started taking pictures which I will hopefully have done by tomorrow.

Then the parade started around 11:30am and went from the Pride Center at Equity Park and did a circle through Wilton Manors and then back to the Pride Center. There were probably about 30 groups, several politicians running for office and an additional 15 floats. Nothing against my old home town but down here there really know how to do a pride parade. It almost remind me of the ones we had in Los Angeles and San Francisco minus a couple hundred thousand people. But in a way, that is a good thing since this city could not handle the crowds those cities handle during Pride. It would be chaos in this small gay town.

Then Dab the AIDS Bear and I were interviewed by Ryan Dixon for Queer Channel television at the Copy This VIP Pride Party. So I will let you know when I get notification the interview is posted or being shown for all you Dab the AIDS Bear fans. Ryan and his partner were a delight to speak with while we were waiting for the camera man. Really enjoyed doing the interview with Ryan who has his own great story to tell since he has led quite a life for a young man. Ryan is also our Mr. Stonewall for this year.

The party at Copy This was a big success with all the celebrities and performers from Pride stopping by to enjoy the great food provided by the Painted Pickle and the bar. Dab the AIDS Bear and I could not stay very long because we had a few more stops to make but really enjoyed our time meeting everyone.

When I finally got home, I called Dad to wish him Happy Father's Day and make sure he had received his card and presents. It is always great speaking with Dad and as I have said before so great to have my family in my corner no matter what. I know how lucky I am to have them when many of my friends do not.

Then it was time to walk the dogs, watch a little television before I drifted off to slumber land. I am writing this early today because I have another one packed with conference calls and meetings. Hopefully I will also have time to get to the gym.

So how about you? How was your weekend? Drop me a line and let me know.

Until we meet again; here's wishing you health, hope, happiness and just enough.

big bear hug,

Daddy Dab