June 26, 2008

June 26, 2008
Hey there! Fancy meeting you here! But great to have you join me as always.

If you read yesterday blog entry, you know I am starting today's entry right after midnight since I have not been to sleep yet. My partner, Gary, is having to leave at 2am on a trip to Goose Creek, South Carolina. His mother is in ICU because of kidney problems among other medical issues. Gary felt he needed to go see her after speaking to his aunt about his mother's condition. So after getting approval from his job, he is leaving in about an hour for the bus station. Gary should arrive in Charleston around 9am after an hour layover in Savannah, Georgia. One thing I will say is Gary packs much better for trips than I do. I always end up overpacking and taking way too much. Guess I had too many experiences when I was young and modeling about not taking the right things with me. So yes, I do overpack and I own that flaw. LOL. Gary got up from his nap around midnight and got his shower. We sat and talked until it was time for his taxi around 1:30am and he just finished taking off. So I am headed off to bed for some sleep and will continue this entry in the morning.

I woke up about an hour and a half later when I heard my cell phone ringing. It was Gary calling to let me know he had arrived in South Carolina and had just finished visiting his mother in the hospital. Her condition is about the same and he was so glad to see her in person. His aunt drove to Charleston to pick him up for the drive to Goose Greek where his mother lives. They had stopped for some breakfast at Denny's where I am sure Gary drank his morning pot of coffee before eating.

I watched CNBC for several hours today to watch and see what the stock market was going to do today after the past few weeks horrible returns. Well folks the past few weeks were nothing compared to the blood bath in the stock market today. The DOW was down over 300 points and the price of crude oil rose to $139.28 which is the highest prices ever. The specialists are now saying due to current prices of crude oil that the prices of gasoline will probably increase to $5.00 a gallon by the end of July. I just do not see how the average person will be able to afford to continue to drive. People will definitely have to cut back of discretionary driving which will future hurt retail sales. A couple of stocks saw lows they haven't seen in over thirty years. Just another nail in the coffin of the American economy and way of life. Now to see how people handle the changes necessary and how our politicians and government respond.

I then called Diane to check on her since I have not spoken to her in about a week. We caught up on what is going on in each other's lives. She has been busy going to doctor appointments and having a stress test done because of some potential heart problems. Diane has already had three open heart surgeries and several stint implants due to diabetes and major heart problems. So I am always concerned when she starts talking about heart pain or problems. We have been very close for over twenty years and shared some major life experiences with each other. I let her know what has been going on in my life and then told her I would speak to her again in the next few days. She wants to know the results of my doctor appointment tomorrow.

Then I spent some time with the pets. Gary's dog, Sugar, is freaking out about him not being home. This is only the second trip Gary has taken since he got Sugar from Duval County animal control. Sugar spent most of the day laying on Gary's robe facing the front door. Every time she heard a sound especially after 6pm you could see her get anxious to see if it was him. Sugar ended up sleeping on his robe next to the front door. I felt so sorry for her and a little worried since she didn't eat any dinner. I am hoping hunger will over rule her being upset tomorrow. If not I may have to tempt her with a special treat.

I ended up watching Kathy Griffin's Living Life on the D List. There were a couple of episodes that I had missed since the latest season had started. One of the episode dealt with Kathy traveling to Australia for gay Mardi Gras. Kathy flew on a special gay booked flight to Australia with had drag queens for flight attendants. She was also interviewed on several shows, had a one night concert and participated in the gay pride parade. Kathy also went to the zoo with Lance Bass who used to be in a boy band.

We had another storm front with tons of lightning and thunder starting around 8pm. The rain finally quit around 10pm so I could take the dogs outside. These storm fronts are so intensive and come up so quickly. I am not sure if it is from the high heat or in combo with the westerly winds we have been having. All I know if the light shows in the sky from the lightning have been sensational. Too bad they freak out my dog Harley who ends up cowering under the bed if she can't be right next to me for comfort.

I spoke to Gary for about thirty minutes after watching television and reminded him to take his medications. Seems like we are both exhausted and headed to bed soon. At least he is there safe and settled in with family members. So I don't have to worry about him getting around and making sure he eats. Do have to admit I miss him too. While it is always nice to get a break from the person you live with every day; it does remind you why you like their company.

Headed off to bed soon. I have a doctor appointment in the morning and then hopefully will feel like attending the NFAN monthly HIV community luncheon.

I hope you had a great day. Wishing you health, hope and happiness.

Big bear hug,

Daddy Dab