June 9, 2009

June 9, 2009
Welcome Back to America

Welcome to another day in my life. Today is Tuesday and I hope you are having a safe and great weekend so far.

After a long and great trip, Dab the AIDS Bear and I are back in Florida where we were welcomed by our usual hot and humid weather. It hits you like a brick as you get off the airplane. LOL.

I started off the morning having a protein shake and doing a bicep and back workout. Felt great feeling the burn in my biceps after the workout. Not bad enough of a burn to tell you that you are going to pay tomorrow but good enough to know it would produce a great muscle pump.

I had little time to get rest before needing to take a shower and head to our World AIDS Week committee meeting. Although I was dead tired, it was great seeing everyone as always. We covered all the committee reports and then it was announced Shannon is having to resign as co-chair this year because of his job and not having time. So we ended up making Chenita the co-chair for this year for which I am very thankful. Chenita was the chairperson last year and co-chair the year before so she knows what she is doing and will do a great job.

I also spoke with the young college women who are interning with our Department of Health this summer about joining our Ambassadors of Hope program. Two of them are returning to Florida A & M University in Tallahassee this fall. The other two are graduating and going out into the real world with hopefully jobs in HIV/AIDS care via social services. I wish them luck in this job market especially with declining funding for HIV/AIDS programs.

Then it was time to run errands. I had a couple of Dab the AIDS Bears to get out UPS. So Angel in NYC and Shawn will have their bears soon. Angel has some events in NYC this weekend and Shawn has a DC event coming up soon. I am looking forward to their pics. Angel does such a great job picking unique and original shots which is always a plus.

After the UPS store, it was time to run to Publix and get some groceries for the week. They had some great specials today so I loaded up to carry us through until next week. I also ran into an old friend I had not seen in almost a year so we caught up real quick. Found out he had left his previous lover a little over a year ago and recently met someone new. He looked like he is very happy so I wish the best for him.

Then it was time to head home and unload the groceries. Of course the dogs wanted immediate attention and to go outside. The spoiled little darlings run back in afterward to get their treats. Chipper, our blind deaf dog, will bark until he gets his treat. And I do mean continually until he gets it which can be kind of funny unless you had a bad day or have a bad headache. Then it stops being cute real quick.

Spent the rest of the day trying to get caught up on all the emails and phone calls. Will probably take another day or two to get totally caught up.

So what about you? What has been going on in your life? Drop me a line and let me know.

Wishing you health, hope and happiness.

big bear hug,

Daddy Dab