May 6, 2009

May 6, 2009
Make a Call and Make a Difference

Thanks for stopping by for another glimpse into my life. There is never a dull moment around these parts. I hope you are having a safe and great week so far.

I am going to jump right into the subject for today because it is an important one that I need all of you to do for me.


URGENT! Call Your Senators Today to Support FY2010 HOPWA Funding!

Capitol Switchboard: 202.225.3121

The Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS (HOPWA) program, created in 1992, provides funding to states and cities across the nation for housing assistance directed to low-income persons living with HIV/AIDS.

In many jurisdictions, it is the only funding available for PLWHAs for housing assistance, including rental subsidies, emergency or transitional housing, supportive housing, and housing related supportive services.

Please call both of your Senators' offices. They can be reached via the Capitol switchboard (202) 225- 3121. Ask to speak to the housing staffer.

Urge them to sign the HOPWA letter being led by Senator Durbin which will go the Chair and Ranking Member of the Transportation and Housing and Urban Development Appropriations Subcommittee urging funding for the Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS program in Fiscal year 2010.

We only have until Friday May 8th to acquire signatures so act now!

If the staffer has further questions, please have them contact Candice Cho of Senator Durbin's staff at (202) 224-1934 by Friday, May 8.

Wishing you health, hope and happiness.

big bear hug,

Daddy Dab