Nausea and vomiting can be caused by anti-HIV medications and treatments for related conditions. If you keep vomiting or if the fear of vomiting stops you from taking your medications, call your doctor's office right away.
What You Can Do About Nausea & Vomiting:
* Follow the BRAT diet - eat Bananas, Rice, Applesauce and Toast. Also try eating crackers or dry cereal to help settle your stomach.
* Stay away from hot, spicy or greasy foods.
* Drink carbonated drinks like ginger ale. Some teas can also calm the stomach including peppermint, chamomile or ginger teas.
* Try taking your medications with food or ask your doctor about how to time your medications to avoid upsetting your stomach.
* If you do vomit, drink lots of fluids to hydrate yourself like water, chicken broth, juice or jello.
* Talk to your doctor or health care provider about the benefits and risks of anti-nausea medications.