November 17, 2010

November 17, 2010
Dab the AIDS Bear on the AIR

Welcome to another day in my life. Today is Wednesday and we have almost made it through the middle of another work week. I hope you are having a safe and great week so far. Dab the AIDS Bear and I are in Pensacola this week visiting with my Dad and getting ready for their first AIDS Walk.

This morning, I drove Dad to see is physical therapist to see what they could do to help with his neck problems. My Dad is not one to complain about pain or being sick so when I knew from our telephone conversation last week the problem must be serious for him to be complaining about pain. Unfortunately, Dad did not see to be too happy with the physical therapy. Hopefully, the therapy will help the problem if he gives it a chance.

Then I took him to the pharmacy and the grocery store to get him stocked out while I am in town. After we were finished at the grocery store, we went to WhatABurger for some lunch. I had not been to a WhatABurger place in many years. Luckily, they now have one not far from his house. For those of you who have never heard of the chain, they are mainly in the Pensacola area and have been opened since the 1950s with great hamburgers, fries and other tasty fast food treats.

Then it was time for us to head back to his house and get the grocies unloaded and put away. After that I rested for a couple of hours until it was time for me to leave for my radio interview on 106.1AM radio which is one of the sponsors for the local AIDS Walk. Everyone there was fantastic and the interview lasted a couple of hours including the call in question part. It is scary how few people know about HIV and AIDS especially since we are now in the third decade of the illness. Hopefully, I was able to educate the listeners and also let them know about the event on Saturday.

After the interview, I went to meet Diane who is currently staying with her mother after having breast cancer surgery. We had not seen each other in person in a few years so it was great catching up. She treated me to dinner at TGI Friday's across from Cordova Mall. I had the Philly burger which was not as good as I was hoping but she seemed to enjoy her pasta dish.

I then went to meet some local friends at the Cabaret to discuss the events on Saturday and the fund raiser on Friday. Ran into some old friends; Angie, Bunny and Monti who I had not seen in over twenty years. Everyone seems excited about the upcoming events so I hope we have great turnout for both.

Just got back to home and I am worn out so I will be going to bed shortly. Trying to pace myself with all these events this week so I do not get worn out before Sunday. Having a great time but I am missing my family back in south Florida.

I hope the rest of your week goes great. Until we meet again; here's wishing you health, hope, happiness and just enough.

big bear hug,

Daddy Dab