Welcome to another day in my life. Today is Wednesday and we have almost made it through the middle of another work week. I hope you are having a beary safe and great week so far. It is another busy week for Dab the AIDS Bear and me.
The world is always changing with things happening, people doing things and other things occurring around us. So today I will blog about 11 things we didn't know last week.
1. Dr. Phil has a $65,000 “fountain of youth” pod — reportedly one of only 16 in the world — in his house.
2.Passengers and crew members on a flight diverted to Newfoundland on Sept. 11, 2001, have helped send to college more than 130 students from Lewisporte, the tiny Canadian town that took in the flight members.
3. Researchers at Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh have invented a driverless car.
4. Fred Stobaugh, 96, became the oldest artist to appear on Billboard’s Hot 100 with “Oh Sweet Lorraine,” the song he wrote after his wife of 72 years died in April.
5. “Flushable” wipes are clogging up pipes and sewers across the country.
6. To meet the rising demand for geriatric care, Germany is importing skilled nurses from Vietnam, where older people are held in high esteem and most children are expected to care for their elderly parents at home.
7. Video games help teach old brains how to act young again.
8. The Lotus Esprit submarine car used in the James Bond film The Spy Who Loved Me, rescued by a New York couple for less than $100 from an abandoned storage locker on Long Island, was sold at a London auction for $920,167.
9. Engineers at the University of Utah have developed a system of radio-frequency sensors that can detect when a person is falling.
10. The late Mary A. “Pink” Mullaney never threw away old pantyhose, instead using them to secure gutters, child-proof cabinets, tie toilet flappers and hang Christmas ornaments.
11. Basil the Wire Fox Terrier celebrated his ninth birthday — that’s 63 in human years — by opening his own birthday presents:
Hope you have a beary safe and great Wednesday!
Until we meet again; here's wishing you health, hope, happiness and just enough.