THE ONLY WAY TO KNOW IF YOU HAVE HIV IS TO GET TESTED
IF YOU TEST POSITIVE:
* A confirmed positive test means you have HIV. Positive results are almost 100% accurate.
* If you test HIV positive, find a health care provider who knows about HIV right away. Early treatment can help you stay alive longer.
* Services for people with HIV include help with health care, income, food and legal services.
IF YOU TEST NEGATIVE:
* A negative test means no HIV antibodies were in your body at the time of the test.
* This may mean you don't have HIV.
* A negative test might also mean you have HIV, but your body hasn't made HIV antibodies yet.
* Get tested again at least 3 months after risky behavior.